Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Put yourself in someone else's shoes.

"PUT YOURSELF IN SOMEONE ELSE'S SHOES."

That is what my mother always told me. To put myself in someone else's shoes to truly understand them or to understand what they're going through. So that's exactly what I did!

Because I'm trying to expand my photography and my blogging nature, I decided to put myself in my clients shoes. Being a client to photography, especially if you have never "modeled" in portrait pictures before can be kinda scary. And I FULLY understand the hesitation now. 

Considering I'm usually behind the camera, I felt extremely awkward trying to "pose" for pictures. But after the first couple shots, I took a deep breath and put myself back in my clients shoes. I even thought to myself, "If I was taking this picture right now, how would I want me to look?" Which gave me an amazing turn out!









And even though I have a very, verrrrrry poor self esteem, I ADORE the way these photos came out. I have to hand it to Derek for taking such amazing photos and not even knowing what he was doing either. A junkyard turned out for a way better photo shoot location than I thought it would.

So remember lovelies, put yourself in someone else's shoes. You may get a new perspective on things. 


Q&A: What one piece of advice would you want to give to someone for the new year?
Leave your answers below <3.

8 comments:

  1. You look absolutely stunning in these!!! So so pretty! I love the outfit you wore, it works perfectly with the vibe of the setting.

    Olive & Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I thought so too with the outfit :)

      Delete
  2. Great post!

    Just checked a few pages and loved it so count me as your new
    Follower :)


    Love,

    Samia
    www.frenchonista-in-amsterdam.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MERCI! <3
      That means so much. I adore your blog as well! definite follow :)

      Delete
  3. Your pictures came out great! So pretty!! I want your long hair... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      My hair is my favorite thing at the moment, haha.

      Delete
  4. I love the picture here, you have a natural modeling pose to you, they are great, and i love your boots soo cute!!

    Pipp xx

    pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete