Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July Picnic

Yesterday was amazing! Did you guys have a great FOURTH?!


We decided to get most of our friends together, and go on a picnic lunch at the river by our house. We found a nice little spot that had a mock beach, an area deep enough to swim and even a rope swing that hung from a railroad track. It was the perfect spot! And luckily the weather stayed perfect too. It wasn't too hot, nor too cold, and it stopped raining.

I even got my DIY on and made cute things for our lunch picnic. First I made these cute little decorated Mason Jars for each person. We took cupcake liners and placed it between the lid and the cup, poked a straw through it, which allowed us to just sit them down and not worry about bugs floating around in our drinks. I'm going to do a DIY post on in later this week, so keep your eyes peeled for that.


On top of that, I also made Red, White and Blue cupcakes. :D I'll do another lifestyle post on making those tomorrow. Overall the day was super amazing and great. It was a great time swimming and hanging out with friends. And I don't know about you, but I saw rope swing, and I instantly reenacted The Notebook scene. You know which one I'm talking about. ;)





I hope you all had a great fourth of July and celebrating our Nations independence! And if you're in a different country, I hope you had a great day!! 




1 comment:

  1. Probably one of my favorite scenes from that movie! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete