Monday, July 29, 2013

The Honest Truth


I know this isn't something that blogger's usually post about, but this is my blog, and I'm going to post how I'm feeling. No matter what the outcome is. I've been battling depression for a while now. 

Actually since I was a child. My mom was never around, she worked three jobs, and I had to take care of my brother and sister. On top of that, she dated all the time. And I felt like she never actually cared about me because all she cared about was the man she was dating. I use to literally beat myself in the head with a bookshelf, of some type of heavy object and leave bruises on my face and body so that she would notice me.

Then it went away for a while. But came back after I got married and then 3 months later found out that my husband was cheating on me with a girl that I worked with everyday. I mentally broke down. I cried in the closet. I started smoking. I started feeling like my 8 month old daughter at the time was the only person in the world that I had. I didn’t even want her to be near him. But I sucked in my pride, forgave him for our family and just hid behind a lie ever since.

Then I tried to move on from that. I went up to where I grew up. Met someone, and only had more heartbreak. I’ve gone so far out of my way to try to make people feel like I care about them. I buy them things. I make them things. I cook them things. I drive over an hour out of my way just to surprise them with Sonic since they were craving that all weekend. And my living situation while I’ve been here hasn’t been good either. Cops have been called, arguments have been had. And I’ve left in the middle of the night to try and protect my daughter.

Sigh. I just…I just want people to realize that everything is not always okay. People see me and they automatically think that I’m happy all the time because I’m smiling. I’m a small, bubbly person who apparently always looks happy. But all of these demons just keep growing inside of me. Sometimes I feel like I don’t know what to do. But then I look at the little two year old who tries to get into my makeup, and jumps and dances on my bed. Then I realize, it doesn’t matter how depressed I am all the time, because that little girl needs her mom, and she’s worth everything in this world. I’d do anything for her, including smile. 


8 comments:

  1. wow im so sorry. I followed your blog though via GFC :) Come check out mine?
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's okay. And oh my goodness, gorgeous blog! I followed you. :)

      xo, Brittany

      Delete
  2. Such an honest post. Good Luck dear. Hope for the best in future.

    Cheers,
    Janaki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, while we might not have the same situation I know exactly how you are feeling. I'm on the same boat, though I wish I wasn't and I feel like there is not many people I can confide in. But thanks for sharing and being really honest I don't have that same courage to share whats going on I'm trying to find some way but for now all I can do is try to stay positive.. :\
    *many hugs*
    Madeleine
    Xx
    Madeleine In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why you think it's not ok to write about about depression, I think it's totally fine. Sometimes it's nice to vent and get a bit of support. :)

    I think you are amazingly strong for having gone through all of that and still prioritize your daughter's love and safety. Think about yourself and your daughter first and forget about those that aren't worth it. There are always people around that care about us, but sometimes we are too busy reaching for someone we want (that doesn't want us back) to notice. Look around, I'm sure there are tons of people that love you more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brittany,

    I just found your blog through "Oh Sweet Joy" and stumbled across this entry. Even though I don't really know you, I wanted to tell you that you're not alone. I haven't been in your exact situation, but we all have our own hardships and challenges and I know what it's like to feel hurt, helpless, and trapped. I hope that you continue to write through this honestly (it helps!), and pray that you find people who will love and support you no matter what season of life you're going through.

    Hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend, your life sounds like no easy walk in the park, but I am so happy you have your beautiful daughter, amazing talents, and fun energy. I've been reading through your blog and think you are such a beautiful person. I don't know if you believe in God but I've been through times of depression too and His love was the only thing that got me through them. You're not alone!!

    ReplyDelete