Thursday, July 18, 2013

Recreation.

Aside from spending time with my family, the one thing I wanted to do while I was in Florida was recreate a photograph that I found at my Great-Grandmother's house. As I was looking through her photo albums, I found an old picture of the Disney entry gate. Like most tourists, the Walt Disney World Entry Gate is the first picture of the vacation. After I saw the vintage 60s-70s coloring of it, I knew I had to recreate it! I adored the way the color went with the style of the gate, and the clouds in the background. 


Luckily when I drove through the gate on my Vacation, the clouds were big and puffy (because a little Florida shower was on the way) and the gate was looking beautiful as usual. I'm so happy with the photograph I produced, and the way I colored it to kind of match the style of the photo she had. One major goal for me is to start printing out all my photos that I take and put them into picture books, or albums. I did this forever ago, and kind of lost track of it once just "putting photos on Facebook" became a huge thing. The last time I got pictures developed is when Madalyn turned one (She's almost three now). So yeah, I need to start doing that again. Hopefully one day soon I'll start on that project! Let's hope I remember! 


2 comments:

  1. One of my major goals this year is also to start printing out photos and organize them in photo albums. I have way too many on my computer and I'm always scared to lose them all. It would be nice to at least have some hard copies, you know, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you!! That's one of my fears as well. Plus I miss showing people albums and having them out on my coffee table.

      Delete