Monday, June 10, 2013

Working from Home.

Yawwwwwn.

Starting your own business can be a very rewarding, yet very tiring!! I'm talking about, early mornings, late nights, running back and forth to the post office, to home, to the studio, to the store, to online shops. {i'm telling you…it never ends}

But that doesn't mean that a home business doesn't have it's perks. ;)

A nice cup of joe helps me get motivated in the morning to sit down and actually start working on my business. I also go to Pandora and listen to my favorite country station. Plus! I get the luxury of staying in comfy t-shirts and shorts all morning. Digging my Code Name Kids Next Door shirt I found at Goodwill? 


So since I've been working all morning, I decided I'll give you a little peek of what I do on a daily basis for my business. 


My little iPhone 5 sitting on one of my sketch books that I like to draw my designs in. There's a little preview on a "Congrats on Twins" card I'm making (you're welcome). And my GWTW phone wallpaper…I'm a tad obsessed with the classics. 


I got a few boxes at Michael's since they were on sale ($2!) to put my cards, packaging supplies, stamps and other necessities for my business. I'm still getting everything organized and it's certain place. Since I'm not fully moved out of my current living situation, it's hard having everything everywhere. Hopefully in the next month I'll have my own little station set up (where no little hands will be allowed to wander!)


I'm the type of girl that LOVES lists. I make lists for literally everything. So I bought a separate notebook (Michaels for 50 cents!) to keep track of every card that a customer buys, when they bought it, and when I've shipped them out. Just to make sure that I keep everything organized. Again, once my little business station is set up, I'll probably have a better filing system. But this for right now gets the job done and well! 


Since the desk I'm sitting at is currently full {with a desktop computer, sketchbooks, printer, coffee, mac and cheese, sharpies, ect.} I was forced to set up my laptop and little box of supplies on the bed next to me. But hey! Space is space! Aren't Derek's cowboy sheets cute? haha.


Last but certainly not least, what's working from home without the little one constantly getting in your face? She kept asking me to take a picture of her truck. What can I say? My little girl has a thing for boy toys. And I couldn't help but include this in my blogpost. Look at those delicate little hands!


There you have it!
This is a morning in the life of derae art! And how unorganized, messy, and coffee ridden it is! Haha, kidding {not really though}. 

5 comments:

  1. I must say your handwriting is so neat! I'm glad to hear everything is going well so far! I have it bookmarked for future reference!
    It makes me wish I was more artistic though!! hehe :)
    Hope you have a great day
    Xx

    Madeleine In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! I was just rushing writing, so that picture is my handwriting more on the sloppy side. ;) Oh my goodness, thank you so much! That means so much to me that people like my unique cards enough to bookmark the page. You lovely, just made my day! c:

      Have a wonderful day, gorgeous!
      xo.

      Delete
  2. Your handwriting is so nice! I also make lists for EVERYTHING, it just makes you feel more organised doesn't it?
    Frankie xx
    http://frankest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh, it's a necessity at this point. And yes, it really really does! haha. And I'm at the point where I don't have a place for anything, so making lists make me feel a little bit more…in order. c:

      xo.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete